What are the 7 Chakras?
According to Buddhist teaching, there are 7 main chakras within the human body. These are the energy centers that energy flows through. Each chakra has an attachment to separate body areas including glands and organs. The word chakra means wheel in Sanskrit.
Why Should You Care About Them?
The 7 separate chakras serve a vital purpose, but they must work together to create balance in your body. With balance, your body will experience physical and emotional peace.
Blocked energy in your 7 chakras can often lead to illness so it’s important to understand what each chakra represents and what you can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
What does each Chakra mean?
For a visual sketch of each chakra, see below:
In other words:
1. Root Chakra - Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
2. Sacral Chakra - Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra - Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra - Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra - Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra - Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra - The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
What Can You Do To Take Care Of Your Chakras?
According to believers, carrying particular stones outlined in the above diagram will ease physical, spiritual or emotional blockages in that particular chakra zone.
Alternatively, to keep the 7 chakras clear, try the 3 Minute Meditation Exercise in my article below. Whether you believe or not, it’s a great way to calm a busy mind.