There’s something inside you hungering for more. It’s asking: ‘Is this really as good as it gets?’
You may not be sure where that feeling is coming from – or why – but it’s there.
I’ve felt that, too.
Hang in there.
Because that frustration, confusion and fear lurking in the pit of your stomach is the key to your inner masterpiece. The springboard to positive learnings which will transform your world from the inside out – and set your soul ablaze.
I’m here to empower you to open that door – to live the life you always imagined – every single pixel of it. To unlock that little voice inside (you know the one) and set it free - reverberating - joyful – bouncing off the walls – inspired.
But first, you have to open your heart, own your will and crack open your mind, body and soul to positive change. Because let me tell you – when you do – when you really want it – wonderful things will come your way.
But first, let me tell you a little bit about me.
I’m Melanie Pritchard
I’m a qualified Family Lawyer, Personal Coach, NLP Practitioner and truth-teller and I guide heart-led individuals from where they are now to where they want to be – into lives and businesses they love – buzzing existences – driven wholeheartedly by want not should.
I feel blessed to help soul-searching go-getters design their lives in a way which brings them true happiness and I’m so excited to be with you on your path to success.
so – belt – up!
What Brings Me Here?
My passion-fuelled mission comes from diverse life experience which has seen me navigate (not always bright and breezily, I might add) different careers, relationships, challenges and adventures. And what can I safely say I’ve learnt along the way? What lies beneath true happiness. How fulfilment really works. And – more importantly – how I can help you - get there.
// As a little girl I dreamt of becoming a magazine editor but when it came to the crunch, I felt I should put academic success to good use and give law a whirl. The work was fascinating, my colleagues were stimulating and dinner party conversations – when I could make them – were great. But working ridiculous hours – and the general sense of life imbalance which followed – took its toll. The turning point came when I looked at my boss one day and realised she embodied my deepest fear – excelling at my job but having no real personal life – and risking some pretty hefty deathbed regrets in the process. Around the same time I was emerging (slowly but surely) from the toxic-relationship-kiss-chase. It suddenly dawned on me that a life with no time to breathe, to see friends, to cook dinner and to laugh with loved ones, was no life for me.
// A couple of months on I redesigned my life happy – personally, professionally and geographically. After some much needed time-out, I moved to Madrid for some serious burn-out healing, where I made a list of what I loved and what I wanted to do with my life. And you know what? It wasn’t so tricky, after all. I knew I loved writing, people contact and travel – and while family law had allowed me to help clients through serious life transitions, coaching inspired me more. Where divorce litigation felt more like damage limitation, coaching felt future focused and expansive – leaving my clients feeling inspired – with a real spring in their step.
// A hopscotch and a shake later and I had set up my blog (just as a hobby at first) and started training as a life coach, using those hard-won legal skills to inspire heart-led individuals – like you – to lead the lives they always imagined. And you know what? The moment I started really living from the heart myself, everything started falling into place. Wonderful people fell into my path, wonderful job opportunities came my way and a true sense of fulfilment abounded. I was living life authentically - in accordance with my values - and I was able to harness my positive learnings to empower clients to do the same - their version of it, their way.
// Fast forward a little bit further and I was living in Chamonix with my love, a hop skip and a jump from Geneva, soaking up all that mountain life has to offer. My family thought I was nuts (a little part of me wondered if I was…) but my instincts were right. A couple of languages later, with a raft of positive learnings under my belt, I can safely say trusting my gut was the best thing I ever did – and the greatest learning of all.
What I Believe
* I believe that if you trust you’re gut, you’ll never go too wrong. If you had six months to live, what would you choose?
* We are all beautifully unique with different values and needs – even an identical twin’s ‘should’ may not be the other’s ‘want’ (trust me – I have one!) So follow your heart and yours alone – it will always light the way and all will become clear just as it’s meant to.
* No matter how different we may seem, we’re all alike at root, frustrated by similar constraints in life and set free when we learn what really makes us tick. I believe that when we realise what makes us truly happy and learn to live in accordance with these values, life becomes a whole lot less stressful and a whole lot more fulfilling.
* There are no mistakes in life, only positive learnings. If you feel hard done by – remember – nothing goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.
* If you truly want something the universe will conspire to bring it to you – it’s the law of attraction (who knew is was that simple?) So if you ever feel powerless – remember - anything is possible if you really want it and ask.
Gazing Girl is a passion-fuelled space for heart-led truth-seekers who rate personal and spiritual growth high on their list.
Because in a world dominated by deadlines, social media and a whole lot of noise, we can find ourselves running around like crazy, with little time to reflect – release – rebalance.
I write about:
and much much more – moving inner-directed souls like you - closer to your dreams. One – nugget - at a time.
A Few Tidbits About Me…
- I’m a typical Scorpio – loyal, passionate and intuitive.
- If I was an animal I’d be a cross between a parrot and an owl.
- I love trees, travelling, writing and wine.
- Meeting new people is the cherry on my cake – the cosmopolitan yin to my reflective yang.
- Literature is my life blood. The play that gave me tingles was The Crucible and my favourite poets are John Donne and Maya Angelou.
- Did I mention “Still I Rise” is one of a kind?
- My literary doppleganger would be a cross between Austen’s, Elizabeth Bennet and Shakespeare’s, Beatrice. Transformative beings with scoopfuls of soul.
- I’m a life-loving adventurer (don’t let the lipstick fool you), a lover of metaphysics and a proud redhead (African Sunset, if you will).
- I’m a firm believer in the power of yoga and meditation (thank you Rachel Brathen) and have been known to run the odd half-marathon (the full 24 miles seemed like overkill).
- My favourite quote? ‘I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.’
- As for my biggest achievement, qualifying as a lawyer involved a fair amount of sweat and tears. Best of all, though, was streamlining who I really am and harnessing my learnings as a coach.
So All That’s Left To Say Is…
Welcome aboard, dear Gazer
- and remember -
// your dreams are only a change away //
Oh, And One Last Thing
And if you’re still unsure, you can always read some client testimonials to get a second opinion or two.
To Join The Gazing Tribe Good ‘n’ Proper
I’d love to have you on:
And For A Dose Of Blog Loving Straight To Your Inbox
Check out the ‘Update Me’ button above and right
And if those soulful sweeties have left you wanting to get to know each other even better, hop on over here.
\\ Happy Gazing, lovely Gazers \\